There are some revolutionary features coming to GKE-OP:
- A new installer helps you create and prepare the admin workstation.
- In bundled load balancing mode, GKE on-prem provides and manages the Seesaw load balancer.
- The Authentication Plugin for Anthos has been integrated into and replaced with the Google Cloud command-line interface, which improves the authentication process and provides the user consent flow through
- vSphere credential rotation is enabled. Users can now use Solution User Certificates to authenticate to GKE deployed on-prem.
- Preview Feature: Introducing User cluster Nodepools.
gkectlautomatically uses the proxy URL from
config.yamlto configure the proxy on the admin workstation.
Full list of features is available here:
In the follow up post we will have a closer look at those new features!