Google Cloud Certified G Suite exam is a user-level exam that test your capabilities of using G Suite. In contrast to the Collaboration Engineer exam that tests your G Suite administrative skills. The details you can find here: https://cloud.google.com/certification/gsuite
The exam is online, lasts for 2 hours and consists of 2 parts. Once you finish the first part you start the second without being able to come back to the questions again:
- Multiple-choice questions (15q)
- Google Drive
- Gmail and Tasks
- Hands-on scenarios (7 parts)
If you have no experience with G Suite but use Office instead plan at least a week walk-through the interface to be confident with it. The questions go into exact steps that need to be taken to perform a particular task! You will have no access to G Suite when answering the questions.
Use Help option – I feel I could perform all the tasks in the exam I was not confident with using help! Check it out.
Best videos to prepare, if you can perform all the task presented in the videos you are good to go: https://applieddigitalskills.withgoogle.com/en/gsuitecertification
I will not go into all the scenarios you need to understand but just mark couple I fell you might not be doing so often and you need to pay special attention to:
- Understand some basic functions in Sheets e.g count, sum constrains
- Understand sources for charts in Slides
- Understand how you use comments in Docs
- Understand footers, headers and tables of content
- Understand how to use images from Drive
- Understand how you create videoconferences and add people to it
- Understand how you create Tasks in Gmail
- Understand OoO and confidential emails in Gmail
When you feel ready, check out the trial exam: https://google.qwiklabs.com/focuses/4051?locale=en&parent=catalog
Good luck with your exam!